Monday, July 18, 2011

Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone

Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Balsamic Syrup

For the last little while I have really been enjoying the peaches; A bowl of sliced peaches and blueberries for breakfast here, a few for a snack there... One thing that I had been wanting to try doing with peaches was grilling them and now seemed like the perfect time. I had some mascarpone in the fridge and I thought that the mascarpone melting on the peaches that were still warm from the grill would be really nice. Mascarpone is generally sweetened with something when used like this and I like to use honey for the extra flavour that it adds. I topped it all off with some balsamic syrup to add some tartness and round out the flavours. The grilled peaches with mascarpone and balsamic syrup took no time at all to whip up and they were really good. I garnished them with some chopped pistachios to add a bit of colour and some contrasting texture.

Ingredients:
1 peach (cut in half and stoned)
1/4 cup LunaOlivo Portofino balsamic vinegar
1/2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons cup mascarpone
1/2 tablespoon honey

Directions:
 1. Grill the peach with the cut side down until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
 2. Mix the mascarpone and honey.
 3. Serve the grilled peaches with topped with the mascarpone and the balsamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment